- This policy (and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- to assure you that we recognise and fully respect the privacy and personal data of the visitors to this website; and
- to explain what personal information we collect from this website and how we ensure its best protection
- EEEA.co complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act, PTA Events is the data controller and sole owner of the personal data collected on the Website.
- We use up-to-date industry procedures to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible and to protect against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- The Act gives you the right to access details that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. A small fee may be payable in respect of any access request.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- On specific occasions we may request that you register on our site – this will allow us to personalise our services and offer you some additional benefits.
- If you do register, you are responsible for protecting your password and user name and must not share them with or disclose them to anyone else.
- When you register, the basic personal information about you which we may collect and process is: your name; your e-mail address; your telephone number and password. Depending on what you are registering for, additional information may be collected from you.
- We may also collect and process information provided by you at the time of posting material to the Website, as well as details of your visits to the Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data), and the resources that you use. Further, if you contact us, we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data for the purposes of advertising, marketing and public relations, so as to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone.
- In the instances of promoting our products and services we will work with our third party Marketing communications company; Totem Marketing Ltd. They will only utilize this information to communicate to you the products, updates and services we promote. They will in no way use your information for any other purposes, or share your information with any individual, business or charity establishment.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email email@example.com.
CHANGING THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
- If you would like to change the registration information we hold about you or want to it to be removed from our registration database, you may do so by returning to the personalisation area and changing or removing your details as you wish.
- We only forward this information collected about you to our Marketing company, Totem Marketing as detailed in point 17 above. We do not share your information with any other third parties except where required by law. However, we reserve the right to change this position at any time. If EEEA.co chooses to employ the services of a third party it will inform you, but the change will only apply in relation to information which we collect from you after we have informed you of the change. We will not disclose any information we have already collected about you without your consent, other than where required to do so by law, EEEA.co will control and be responsible for the use of your personal information.
- When you visit the Website, we issue a “cookie” to your computer. This is a small program containing a unique code that allows us to identify your computer. The cookie is used to note the different areas of our website service which have recently been accessed through your computer.
- Information collected in this way is used to develop and manage our online services by, for example, storing information about your preferences, so as to enable us to customise the Website according to your individual interests. The cookie alone contains no information which can identify you personally. However, when you register on the Website, the cookie will be combined with the personal information that you have provided as part of your registration. If you wish, you are able to set up your computer to refuse to accept cookies. However, if you do so, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Website.
- By using the Website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information in the manner set out above.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- EEEA.co of England and Wales strives to make its web information accessible to people with disabilities in keeping with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
- We intend to produce the Website to conform with international Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- If you require any of our information in another format, or help finding a document, please contact us.
HOW SECURE IS THE EEEA.CO SITE?
The security of your personal information is very important to us. All personal information that you supply to us either in respect of yourself or other individuals in connection with the service will be treated in confidence by us and will be held by us for the purpose of providing and administering our products and services. This may involve the collection and processing of sensitive data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) and if you subscribe to the service you will be giving your consent to such information being processed by us.
It may be necessary to pass your personal and sensitive data to other companies for processing on our behalf. Some of these companies may be based outside Europe in countries which may not have the laws to protect your personal data, but in all cases we will ensure that such companies meet the standards of data protection existing within the European Economic Area and specifically that the data is kept securely and only used for the purposes for which it was provided.
The internet is not a secure medium. However, we take security issues very seriously and abide by strict internal standards. Some of the relevant security procedures are described in this policy.
We capture certain information such as your name, email address, telephone number over a secure link using recognised industry standard techniques which encrypt the data while travelling over the internet. We do not store any transactional credit card data and do not pass any of your customer information on to any financial institution.
Firewalls are used to attempt to block unauthorised traffic to the servers and the actual servers are located in a secure location that can only be accessed by authorised personnel.
We also aim to keep your information confidential. Our internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.